Helping organizations grow through globalization
China India Institute works extensively with companies and other organizations worldwide to help them develop and implement smart globalization strategies in the age of China and India.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Assessment and redesign of global strategies
- Assessment and redesign of global organizations
- Development of strategies that leverage the rise of China and India
- Implementation of global strategies
In our consulting assignments, we typically work as advisors to an internal executive team which is directly charged by the CEO to review, redesign, and implement the company’s global strategy. This approach ensures that strategies are created by people who have the greatest stake, the best knowledge, and the most direct responsibilities for implementation.
Issues We Address
The world economy is rapidly becoming more multi-polar and more integrated. The rise of China and India is a central feature of this ongoing transformation. The breakneck economic growth in China and India presents tremendous opportunity for companies-as well as major challenges.
If a company wants to lead its industry in order to emerge and maintain its position as a globally dominant player, it needs to be smart in addressing these critical issues:
- How to predict changes in the global structure of your industry 5 years from now.
- How to identify market opportunities worldwide and to pursue them by establishing the necessary presence in all key markets.
- How to convert global presence into global competitive advantage by identifying and developing the opportunities for value creation that global presence offers.
- How to anticipate potential new entrants into your industry.
- How to assess the vulnerabilities in the global architecture of your value chain.
- How to choose between organic vs alliance-based vs acquisition based global strategies.
- How to align your company’s structure, systems, processes and culture with the requirements of your global strategy.
- How to cultivate a global mindset by viewing cultural and geographic diversity as not just a challenge but also an opportunity and being prepared to adopt successful practices and good ideas wherever they come from.
- How to design entry strategies for China and India.
- How to leverage the rise of emerging markets – especially China and India – to transform the company’s growth prospects, global cost structure, and pace of innovation.
- How to redesign your global value chain while leveraging the resource and talent opportunities in China and India.