The world economy is rapidly becoming more multi-polar and more integrated. The rise of China and India is a central feature of this ongoing transformation. The breakneck economic growth in China and India presents tremendous opportunity for companies-as well as major challenges.
If a company wants to lead its industry in order to emerge and maintain its position as a globally dominant player, it needs to be smart in addressing these critical issues:
- How to predict changes in the global structure of your industry 5 years from now.
- How to identify market opportunities worldwide and to pursue them by establishing the necessary presence in all key markets.
- How to convert global presence into global competitive advantage by identifying and developing the opportunities for value creation that global presence offers.
- How to anticipate potential new entrants into your industry.
- How to assess the vulnerabilities in the global architecture of your value chain.
- How to choose between organic vs alliance-based vs acquisition based global strategies.
- How to align your company’s structure, systems, processes and culture with the requirements of your global strategy.
- How to cultivate a global mindset by viewing cultural and geographic diversity as not just a challenge but also an opportunity and being prepared to adopt successful practices and good ideas wherever they come from.
- How to design entry strategies for China and India.
- How to leverage the rise of emerging markets – especially China and India – to transform the company’s growth prospects, global cost structure, and pace of innovation.
- How to redesign your global value chain while leveraging the resource and talent opportunities in China and India.